At Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services in the Pittsburgh region, Julie Sasko-Bissell’s goal is not simply to sell your house, but to help you realize the best price obtainable for your property in the shortest period of time.
To help achieve this goal, please follow some simple suggestions in enhancing your homes appearance.
• Remove/Replace favorite & personal items
• Clean your house
• The environment is neutral
• The colors and interior decorating accent the home’s features
• The smell is new and clean
• The sound is either quiet or enhanced by subtle background music
• All details are looked after, from manicuring the lawn to a floral arrangement in the entry.
Replace any cracked or broken glass. Make sure the windows are sparkling clean. Apply touch up paint where needed.
Neat and trim-looking gutters and downspouts make a house look shipshape. Consider replacing highly visible ones if they are in need of serious repair. If run off areas are eroded, you can install concrete (or other) “spillways.”
Personal statements are reflected in many areas:
• Unusual wall colors or heavily patterned wallpaper
• Heavy odors from pets, tobacco or cooking
• Sounds of loud music or television
• Strong political or religious statements
• Unusual are or furnishings.
Make sure the room is virtually spotless and smells fresh. Try putting a quarter section of a lemon in the disposal and grinding it up. Organize the interior of your cabinets to show how much room you have.
Consider replacing outdated light fixtures. Appliances are the next big buzz word. Not everyone needs or wants stainless steel. However, if you appliance are dated by colors like harvest gold or avocado consider having them refinished or replacing. If appliances are all a different color consider having them matched or updating. Spruce up the kitchen cabinet with new knobs or hardware.
Remove anything you have on the countertops to showcase the counter space and create an uncluttered look.
Make sure these spaces are organized and clean. All lights should be in working order and consider adding a few to darker areas. Eliminate dampness with a dehumidifier.
The garage door should be in working order and free of any objects that could hinder the safety of people viewing your home.
That is why I am here. I will not only market your home…I will sell your home in the shortest possible time and achieve the highest price obtainable in a given market.